You can visit the website without disclosing any information about yourself. We do not collect personal identifying information when you access the website homepage and browse the website without disclosing your personal data (except Cookies and usage data; see below under “Cookies and usage data”).
Data we collect and hold
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit our site, for the purpose of booking an appointment with one of our dentists, when you search for us online, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and personal description.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Cookies and usage data
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified below:
Information you give us. We may use this information to:
- contact you to answer a query you may have about treatments or services we provide;
- contact you to arrange an appointment with one of our dentists (if requested by you);
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you e-mail notifications;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and/or
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information about you may be shared with our employees, dental insurance agents, suppliers or subcontractors for all the purposes identified under “Using your information” to enable us to update and improve our records.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
You have the right to access the data that we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Links to other websites
Parkside Dental may provide links to external websites. These linked sites are not under the control of Parkside Dental and these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Before submitting any information to these websites you should review their privacy policies.